The music program at Holy Trinity far exceeds the guidelines set forth by the Maryland Department of Education. Any student who experiences the full spectrum of the music program from preschool through eighth grade can expect to be prepared to choose music as a vocation or avocation. Due to the strong foundation of our music program, many of our students pursue music as part of their extra-curricular activity.
Points of Pride
- Our Wind Ensemble, the top level band, is recognized for excellence when performing in national competitions such as the Dixie Classic. In 11 out of 12 years, our Wind Ensemble has received a SUPERIOR rating at the Dixie Classic. Often, the additional awards of outstanding soloist.
- In 2016, the Wind Ensemble received The Festival Honor Award that is presented in Concert Performance to the group with the highest overall rating regardless of the division or classification.
- Our Jazz Band has been invited to perform at events such as the City of Bowie 50th Birthday Concert and at the NAIS conference.
- With additional encouragement and guidance, as extra-curricular activity ,many of our students participate in the Prince George's County Middle School Honor Band, Maryland Junior All-State Band, Maryland, D.C. Youth Orchestra Program, and Chesapeake Youth Symphony Orchestra. It is a tremendous honor to be selected to be musicians in these bands.
- Many students participate in the Prince George's County Solo & Ensemble Festival and the Maryland State Solo Festival.
- On average, our 8th graders receive about $150,000 in music scholarships.